When you need to purchase private hire insurance it pays to compare what options are currently available on the open market. One approach is to get multiple quotes and do quick comparisons until you arrive at a policy that ticks all the boxes. We can help by sharing your private insurance requirements with a panel of UK brokers enabling you to receive multiple quotes by simply completing one online inquiry form.
Private hire coverage can prevent taxi drivers and fleet operators from paying out expenses incurred by breakdowns, public liability, claims, and other issues. Remember it is a legal requirement to have such protection in place in order to operate and drive a private hire vehicle in the UK.
There are risks involved when driving or operating a private hire vehicle. There are real dangers on the road that may involve you, other road users, passengers and/or bystanders. An ideal policy for your private hire vehicle should be able to provide you with the necessary coverage in order to reduce these risks.
The cost of taxi insurance for private hire vehicles is dependent on several factors such as the driver's age, experience, and claims history. Insurance for London taxi insurance will be more expensive than drivers from rural regions of the UK as the actuaries have factored in the fact likelihood of damage or theft is higher in the inner city regions of the UK.
Another contributing factor to the premium quote is the cost of the actual vehicle , the more expensive the vehicle equates normally to a higher insurance premium. Taxi drivers are aware normally of this factor and for tractability over luxury when purchasing a new vehicle. However, it is a personal choice given that you are in the driving seat many hours it may be worth purchasing a Mercedes over the ubiquitous Ford Mondeo. It will pay to do some research upfront as the cost to repair and the reliability of vehicles are factored in to final premium quote. A car that has a history of proven unreliability will thus attract a higher premium. Likewise a car model that is expensive or difficult to make body repairs to will also attract a higher premium.
Obtaining insurance is a necessity when it comes to starting a private hire business in the UK. The growing number of people engaging in the private hire business is due to its potential of receiving a favorable income. Since an insurance policy is mandatory for this particular type of business, you may want to operate legally by getting coverage from insurance companies. This would not only prevent you from receiving penalties on your license or a jail sentence, but it also ensures your driver's protection and of the passengers as well.
Whilst you have no real choice over your post code you do have control of the drivers that you employee to drive for you . Again the actuary has been at work and uncovered the fact that drivers under 25 and in particular male drivers are more likely to be involved in road accidents and also that these are more serious and costly than drivers of a more mature age (25 -75). Female drivers pose a lower risk, but an act brought in by the European Union on 2012 prohibits gender being factored into driver insurance. In future this will most likely be removed as it is not only unfair it is non nonsensical to an industry that relies on facts to determine risk and cover and resulting premiums.
· Comprehensive - This type of coverage is always recommended since it covers drivers in all possible scenarios particularly when there's an accident involved.
· Breakdown Assistance - This coverage is definitely a must as it is beneficial especially during unexpected breakdowns while on the road. It makes it easier for you to get back to driving or operating your auto in the quickest possible time.
· Fleet Insurance - Insuring a fleet of taxis under one policy is reasonable and simpler especially when it's time to make a claim. It also saves a lot of time and money on your end.
· Public Liability - Public liability coverage is essential for hire for reward drivers and operators since there's always a possibility that a passenger or member of the public make a claim against you. Without this coverage, it can be a very expensive and distressing experience.
· Third Party Only - This is the lowest level and cheapest coverage for hire for reward automobiles. But this coverage is also the most inadequate when taxi cabs are on the road most of the time.